The official weight and size of an NBA basketball is 22 ounces (1.38 lbs or 0.62 kg) and 29.5 inches (75 cm) in circumference. There are quite a few other basketball sizes made for different leagues and age groups.
What is the weight of basketball?
|7||Men||580–620 g 20–22 oz|
|6||Women||510–550 g 18–19 oz|
|5||Youth (North America) Mini (FIBA)||465–495 g 16–17 oz|
|4||Youth (North America)||14 oz (400 g)|
How heavy is a basketball in grams?
Sport Ball Weights, Sorted from Lightest to Heaviest
|sport||weight (ounces)||weight (grams)|
|Pétanque||24 to 28.2 (1.5- to 1.75 lbs)||680 to 800|
|Bowling||256 oz (16 lb)||7.26 kg|
Are some basketballs heavier?
Heavy basketballs can feature either leather or rubber exteriors like a normal ball for indoor or outdoor play. The main difference is in the weight of the ball. Most weighted balls weigh in at roughly 3 lbs. This is more than double a typical basketball’s weight of 1.4 lbs.
What are the 5 main rules in basketball?
What Are the Rules of Basketball?
- Only five players per team on the court. …
- Score more than your opponent to win. …
- Score within the shot clock. …
- Dribbling advances the ball. …
- The offense has five seconds to inbound the ball. …
- The offense must advance the ball. …
- Ball and ballhandler must remain inbounds.
What are the 13 rules of basketball?
Dr. James Naismith’s Original 13 Rules of Basketball
- The ball may be thrown in any direction with one or both hands.
- The ball may be batted in any direction with one or both hands (never with the fist).
- A player cannot run with the ball.