– FT% = Free Throw Percentage By Team. – eFG% = Effective Field Goal Percentage By Team. – TS% = Total Shot Percentage By Team. – ORB = Offensive Rebounds By Team.
What is FLS in basketball stats?
FLS links actions – assists with made shots, steals with turnovers, free throws with fouls. … In such case ‘Invalid free throw team’ and ‘Invalid ball possession’ messages appear.
How is +/- calculated?
+/- – the plus/minus statistic is a measure of the point differential when players are in and out of a game. It is calculated by taking the difference in the score when the player enters the game and subtracting it from the score when the player exits the game.
What does SFS in basketball mean?
The small forward (SF), also known as the three, is one of the five positions in a regulation basketball game. Small forwards are typically shorter, quicker, and leaner than power forwards and centers but taller, larger, and stronger than either of the guard positions.
What is a 3 3PM game?
3PA, 3PM: Three pointers attempted, three pointers made. FTA, FTM: Free throws attempted, free throws made.
Why plus/minus is a bad stat NBA?
The main flaw of raw plus-minus in a single game is that when a player either plays mediocre basketball with a strong lineup that outscores the other team well or plays well when their lineup is getting killed, the stat does not capture it. This is often the case, particularly for guys that get less minutes.
What does the N in NBA mean?
proper noun [the N] In the United States, the NBA is the organization responsible for professional basketball. NBA is an abbreviation for ‘National Basketball Association. ‘
What are the terms used in basketball?
- Air Ball: The ball misses the hoop and backboard entirely.
- Alley-oop: A high arc pass to a teammate in a position near the basket to leap and score.
- Alternating-possession rule: A rule in which teams take turns possessing the ball after stopped plays.
- Assist: A pass that sets up a score.