What are some important events in the history of basketball?
History of Basketball
- James Naismith. November 6 1891.
- The first public game was played. March 11 1892.
- first women game was played. March 22 1893.
- field goal and free throw points changed. 1895.
- first proffesional game. 1896.
- college for basketball. 1901.
- there became a national title. 1904.
- African Americans called gov.
What’s a fact about basketball?
James Naismith, a teacher at a YMCA in Springfield, Massachusetts, is credited with inventing basketball in 1891. The first ? hoops? were actually just peach baskets and the first backboards were made of wire. The game became an official Olympic event at the Summer Games in Berlin, Germany in 1936.
How does basketball relate to history?
The only major sport strictly of U.S. origin, basketball was invented by James Naismith (1861–1939) on or about December 1, 1891, at the International Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) Training School (now Springfield College), Springfield, Massachusetts, where Naismith was an instructor in physical education.
How many rules are there in basketball?
Your rulebook has 10 rules – plus, of course, a large number of articles and sub-sections. But still,10 basic over-arching rules are at the heart of the game.
What is the most important thing in basketball?
Shooting is the most important skill in basketball. The fundamental skills of passing, dribbling, defense, and rebounding may enable you to get a high percentage shot, but you must still be able to make the shot.