How do you look less awkward in basketball?
Not moving your body enough, like at 45 seconds when you do the crossover you need move your hips and body more, also you’re looking down at the ball when you dribble, when you go to practice ball handling always look up. So just work on your ball handling and just get your hips and body moving more.
What should you avoid in basketball?
What Not To Do When Playing Basketball
- Shoot on your own basket: If you make it, the other team will get two points.
- Move without dribbling: Any time you have the ball and want to move around the court, you must dribble. …
- Ignore your coach: Always listen to your coach.
How do you not get soft in basketball?
How to Stop Being Intimidated in Basketball
- Practice the Fundementals. If you’re worried about your basketball skills, the best thing to do is to practice those skills so that they become second nature. …
- Exercise. …
- Practice Both O and D. …
- Get Your Mind in the Game. …
- Be a Team Player.
What are the 13 rules of basketball?
Dr. James Naismith’s Original 13 Rules of Basketball
- The ball may be thrown in any direction with one or both hands.
- The ball may be batted in any direction with one or both hands (never with the fist).
- A player cannot run with the ball.
What are the 5 safety rules in basketball?
General safety suggestions when playing basketball include:
- Choose activities that are suited to your fitness level.
- Follow the rules and play fairly.
- Know and use the right techniques for passing, jumping, landing and shooting.
- Know how to use the equipment properly and safely.
- Never hang or swing on a basketball ring.
What is a fade away in basketball?
fadeaway. adjective. Definition of fadeaway (Entry 2 of 2) basketball. : made or attempted while moving away from the basket a fadeaway jump shot.