Basketball is a game played between two teams of five players each on a rectangular court, usually indoors. Each team tries to score by tossing the ball through the opponent’s goal, an elevated horizontal hoop and net called a basket.
What are some words to describe basketball?
Here are some adjectives for basketball: fat, tabby, hard-nosed female, such snappy, two-hour one-on-one, high-profile professional, darn tough, unexpectedly exciting, simple high-topped, six-foot seven-inch, ridiculously funny, great, decisive, intermural, ofessional, paunchy old, professional female, six-foot tall, …
What is basketball in simple words?
: a usually indoor court game between two teams of usually five players each who score by tossing an inflated ball through a raised goal also : the ball used in this game.
How do you narrate a basketball game?
How to Write a Basketball Game Recap
- Determine Your Story Focus. The classic “who, what, when, where, why” journalism still works for basketball game stories. …
- Gather Your Information. The work starts before the game. …
- Write a Strong Lede. …
- Support Your Lede. …
- Write Tight and Bright.
What makes basketball an interesting sport?
Basketball is fun to play: Basketball has a very fast and exciting pace of play. Also, each player on the court gets to play both offense and defense and the roles of each player are only loosely defined. Much of basketball easily can be practiced (like shooting or dribbling) with one person making it easy to learn.
What are the 13 rules of basketball?
Dr. James Naismith’s Original 13 Rules of Basketball
- The ball may be thrown in any direction with one or both hands.
- The ball may be batted in any direction with one or both hands (never with the fist).
- A player cannot run with the ball.
What is the main objective of basketball?
The object of the game is to put the ball through the basketball hoop more times than the opposing team. There are two teams on the court at a time, each trying to score on the opposing team’s basket.
How do you enjoy a basketball game?
Following a Basketball Game on TV
- Anticipate the next pass. Try to think like the players. …
- Watch the action away from the ball. While you’re watching, don’t be afraid to stray away from the ball. …
- Avoid Carter-vision. Watch the other players on the court besides the star. …
- Get Carter-vision. …
- Follow stats. …
- Watch the officials.
How do you start watching a basketball game?
You can follow certain NBA teams and do some research on the best and main players on each roster. Then, subscribe for the NBA TV channel and the beinsports channels. Or you could watch the NBA games online- a reliable good quality website is Vipbox.
How can I watch free basketball games?
The NBA is one of the most popular sports leagues in the world but where can you watch these basketball games on free live stream or via paid sources?
- NBA League Pass.
- YouTube TV.
- Sling TV.