Place three offensive players around the circle to form a triangle (They are not allowed to move or dribble), place three defensive players inside of that circle; coach has the ball. Once the ball is passed the two closest defenders trap the ball.
What skills are required to trap the ball?
How to Trap a Hard Soccer Pass
- Think of catching an egg. …
- Have your foot meet the ball out in front of your plant leg. …
- Cushion the ball in right as it’s about to hit your foot. …
- Make contact on the upper middle part of the ball. …
- Have a slight lean forward with your chest. …
- Keep your eyes on the ball.
What part of the body Cannot be used to trap the ball?
First, the rule for a hand ball includes using any part of the body from the tips of the fingers to the shoulder. Second, the proper way to look at this soccer rule is that a player cannot “handle” the ball. A ball that is kicked and hits a player’s hand or arm is not a hand ball.
What are 3 key components of trapping or stopping the ball?
Types of Soccer Traps
- Step Trap – Simply step on the ball to trap it.
- Inside Trap – Stop the ball with the side of your foot.
- Thigh Trap – Use your thigh to trap the ball when the ball is lower than your chest but too high for your foot.
- Chest Trap – Use your chest to cushion the ball down to your feet.