Of course, don’t expect any game-changing improvements (leave it for basketball shoes) as it just socks, but small things like these can improve your overall performance & increase comfort level during the game and after the game. Now when we know that basketball performance socks really do matter.
Do socks matter for basketball?
There’s no need to worry about comfort and sweat when you’re wearing basketball socks. While the socks won’t help you hit 3-pointers the entire game, they will: Cushion common points of contact. Wick up moisture to add more comfort.
What’s special about basketball socks?
Basketball players opt for long socks because they give extra ankle support, meaning you are less likely to get injured during practice or a game. The best basketball socks are also really thick.
What socks do NBA players wear 2020?
Summary List Of The Top 10 Best Basketball Socks Of 2020
- Nike Elite Versatility Crew Basketball Socks.
- Nike Men’s Elite Basketball Crew Socks.
- Nike Grip Quick NBA Crew Socks.
- JHM Cushion Elite Crew Socks.
- 2XU Knee High Compression Socks.
- Nike Versatility Low Cut Basketball Socks.
- Under Armour Phenom Basketball Socks.
Why do NBA players wear double socks?
The double socking helps break in the shoes a little quicker. Double socking also is added protection against blisters, added support (although minute) to prevent ankle injuries, added protection for their calcaneus, and extra padding/cushioning for the high impacts of running/jumping and landing.
What socks should I wear to play basketball?
- Crew cut socks that go up to the middle of the shins.
- Mid cut socks that end just above the ankle.
- Low cut socks (also called “no-show” socks) which are almost invisible when you are wearing shoes.
Are Compression Socks good for basketball?
You can get them from running, playing basketball, overtraining, or even lots of walking if that’s something you’re not used to doing. Compression socks (or even calf compression sleeves) will help alleviate pain from shin splints by increasing circulation to the shin. This reduces cramping and inflammation.