The bounce pass is frequently used when your on-ball defender has their hands high and you still need to make a pass. The bounce pass to a teammate regularly occurs when making a post-entry pass or a pass from the post back out to a teammate if the post player is double teamed.
What is the purpose of bounce pass in basketball?
A bounce pass is a short pass that enables the player to find a teammate in a crowded area. The height of the ball makes it difficult for the opposition to reach and intercept.
What is a bounce pass and when should it be used in a basketball game?
Completing a Bounce Pass
In order to successfully complete a bounce pass, one player must bounce the ball off of the court into another player on his or her team’s hands. The ball should only bounce once and should not be touched by any defenders on its way to the other player.
When you use the chest bounce or overhead pass you should?
The bounce, chest and overhead passes use two hands.
How to execute:
- Just like a regular bounce pass, the passer should aim to bounce the ball about 2/3 the distance between herself and her partner.
- The partner should receive the ball in the waist area.
- The pass should be pushed outward, not thrown down.
What are the 13 rules of basketball?
Dr. James Naismith’s Original 13 Rules of Basketball
- The ball may be thrown in any direction with one or both hands.
- The ball may be batted in any direction with one or both hands (never with the fist).
- A player cannot run with the ball.
What are 4 key points to properly successfully perform a chest or bounce pass in basketball?
Here are three tips to remember when you throw a bounce pass.
- Pass with Your Feet. Step toward your intended target so the ball follows where your foot steps. …
- Pass with Your Wrists. Great passers throw crisp passes. …
- Pass with your Eyes. Great passers move the defense with their eyes to avoid committing needless turnovers.
What are the 6 types of passes in basketball?
Types of Passes
- Chest Pass.
- Bounce Pass.
- Overhead Pass.
- Wrap Around Pass.
What are the timings for basketball?
The basketball game consists of four quarters of 10 minutes each. Teams play one-way for two quarters, the other way for the next two. There is a two-minute interval between the first and second period, and also between the third and fourth period, with 15 minutes for halftime.
What are 2 defense techniques in basketball?
There are two main types of team defense: man-to-man and zone.