What is a good snack before a basketball game?
Pasta, bread, fruits and vegetables are all great foods to eat for your pre-game meal. Foods you’ll want to stay away from are french fries, hamburgers, bacon, and other foods that are high in fat and protein.
What is a good lunch for a basketball player?
Lunch: two deli sandwiches on whole wheat bread, an apple, and a glass of milk. Snack: two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a glass of milk. Dinner: Steak, potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a roll.
What do NBA players eat at halftime?
You don’t ever see them eating while on the bench, but many pro athletes have been reported as eating fruit, PB&J sandwiches, and other small carbohydrate snacks during halftime. Plus, Gatorade has sponsored the NBA and the players are often re-fueling with carbohydrates from Gatorade during the game as well as water.
What is LeBron favorite food?
Superstar basketball player Lebron James loves to eat foods high in proteins, but his favorite food is cereal, according to The Daily Meal. Among his absolute favorites are Trix and honey oat granola.
What are 5 healthy snacks for an athlete?
Choose snacks from all the food groups to get a variety of nutrients throughout the day.
- Apple or banana slices and peanut butter.
- Whole-grain crackers and cheese.
- Carrot and celery sticks with dressing.
- Cottage cheese or yogurt with fresh or canned fruit.
- Energy bars, breakfast bars, or granola bars.
What should I eat 2 hours before a game?
Athletes should eat a balanced meal containing carbohydrates, protein, and fruit or vegetables 2-3 hours before game time. Make sure to drink 12-24 ounces of water with a pre-game meal to stay hydrated.
How can I get energy before a game?
How to Have More Energy on Game Day
- Rest during the day before your game. …
- Eat a dinner based on complex carbohydrates the night before the game. …
- Eat breakfast on game day. …
- Pack a snack to eat before the game and during the game, if necessary. …
- Drink plenty of water as you play.