Dribbling – Fingerpads, eyes up, waist level. Passing – Step and Push. Shooting – BEEF (Balance, Eyes, Elbow, Followthrough)
What are the cues for dribbling a basketball?
Grip ball with both hands, fingers wide, thumbs down, eyes on target, ball touching chest. Step toward target, apply force, push ball downward to bounce on ground halfway between body and target, release, follow through by extending arms and thumbs facing down.
What are 4 points of good technique when dribbling the basketball?
Basketball Dribbling Technique #1: Hesitation
- Speed dribble at the defense.
- Come to a sudden stutter-brake stop.
- Remain in your stance.
- Keep your dribble to the outside of your body, not in front.
- Shield the basketball with your non-dribbling hand.
- Take your eyes to the rim.
What are 4 cues to passing a basketball?
Basketball Bounce Pass
- Spread fingers along the sides of the basketball.
- Start the ball at chest level.
- Keep the knees bent.
- Release the ball by extending arms downwards.
- Upon release, turn palms outward towards the floor.
- Ball should contact ground two-thirds of the way to the receiving player.
What are 4/5 important skills of dribbling?
Soccer Dribbling is a very important aspect of soccer. Effective soccer dribblng will create goal scoring opportunities. Reat more for the effective dribbling qualities for soccer players.
- Head up for awareness. …
- Ability to hold the ball close. …
- Balance. …
- Change of pace and direction. …
- Feints and moves. …
What is the basic dribbling?
Dribble the ball slightly above your waist and lift your shoulders and head. “Dribble Chicken” Speed Dribble. Bounce the ball directly in front of your body. Pushing with the right hand, then the left hand etc.
What is it called when you move your feet without dribbling the basketball?
In basketball, traveling is a violation of the rules that occurs when a player holding the ball moves one or both their feet illegally. … In the NBA and FIBA, players are also given a “gather step”. When a player has taken more than 2 steps without the ball being dribbled, a traveling violation is called.
What are the 4 cues to an overhand serve?
4. The overhand serve- Skill Cues: Ball held in non-dominant hand, toss ball into air, and dominates hand behind head. When making contact with the ball: contact ball with open hand, step in opposition, full arm extension when contacting ball, contact above head, transfer body weight forward.
When throwing a proper bounce pass where should the ball bounce?
In order to successfully complete a bounce pass, one player must bounce the ball off of the court into another player on his or her team’s hands. The ball should only bounce once and should not be touched by any defenders on its way to the other player.
What are the teaching cues for the chest pass?
Basketball Chest Pass
- Square body to target.
- Thumbs against chest–elbows bent and out.
- Step toward target.
- Extend arms fully releasing ball to target.
- Thumbs should now be pointing down.
- Tell students to…bend, extend, release.
What is important in dribbling?
Dribbling is a very important fundamental of both offensive and defensive basketball. Offensively it is used to advance the ball in the back court, to make a drive-in to the basket, and to free oneself from close or congested defensive areas. … This is a violation which means loss of ball to the opponent.