Also look to foods such as bananas, potatoes and fat-free or low-fat yogurt or milk. They contain potassium and carbohydrates which are important to replenish after exercise. Post-practice or afternoon game snack.
What should I eat in between games?
Consider the following snacks between tournament games:
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- Turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- Pretzels or whole grain crackers with nut butter.
- Fresh fruit and beef or turkey jerky.
- Chocolate milk or Greek yogurt cups.
What should you eat during a basketball game?
Pasta, bread, fruits and vegetables are all great foods to eat for your pre-game meal. Foods you’ll want to stay away from are french fries, hamburgers, bacon, and other foods that are high in fat and protein.
What should you eat and drink after a basketball game?
Sample Menus — Post-game Meals:
- Fruit such as bananas, oranges, apples, kiwi, individual servings of canned fruit, dried fruit and fruit juice.
- Protein foods such as peanuts, sunflower seeds, peanut butter sandwich or lean meat sandwich on whole-wheat bread with lettuce and tomato.
What are good snacks for sports?
30 Healthy Sports Team Snack Ideas
- Diced watermelon, cantaloupe or honeydew melon.
- Pepperoni slices & wheat crackers.
- Homemade trail mix in individuals bags (Mix raisins, almonds, granola, nuts, dried fruit.)
- Waffle skewers (Cut one cooked waffle in 9 pieces. …
- Carrot or celery sticks with hummus.
- Hard boiled or deviled eggs.
Are eggs good to eat before games?
Well it’s true! Start the day with a breakfast containing carbs (such as whole-wheat bread or cereal) and a source of protein (such as eggs, yogurt, or milk).
How do NBA players eat?
Basketball players should consume a high-carbohydrate diet; that is to say that at least 55% of total calories in the diet should come from food rich in carbohydrate such as fruits, vegetables, bread, pasta, and rice.
How can I get energy before a game?
Tired? These 9 Tips Will Help Increase Your Game Day Stamina
- Don’t forget to sleep. Get some good rest the night before a game. …
- Start with a good breakfast and lunch. …
- H20 is your friend, so drink lots of it. …
- Sports drinks to the rescue. …
- Beware of energy drinks. …
- Keep snacks on deck. …
- Halftime = break time. …
- Practice makes perfect.
How long after a game should you eat?
Eat Again One to Two Hours After the Game
One to two hours after the game, aim for an additional 0.45 to 0.7 grams of carbohydrates per pound of body weight. This may typically be solid foods, though sports drinks containing carbohydrates may be included as well.