What is it called when a basketball goes through the net?
bank shot. A shot that hits the backboard before hitting the rim or going through the net. baseball pass. Passing the basketball using an overhand throw with one hand similar to a baseball pitch. baseline.
What are the terms used in basketball?
- Air Ball: The ball misses the hoop and backboard entirely.
- Alley-oop: A high arc pass to a teammate in a position near the basket to leap and score.
- Alternating-possession rule: A rule in which teams take turns possessing the ball after stopped plays.
- Assist: A pass that sets up a score.
What is it called when the basketball doesn’t hit the rim?
Airball: A shot at the basket that misses everything and doesn’t touch the rim, backboard or net.
What are the 5 main rules in basketball?
What Are the Rules of Basketball?
- Only five players per team on the court. …
- Score more than your opponent to win. …
- Score within the shot clock. …
- Dribbling advances the ball. …
- The offense has five seconds to inbound the ball. …
- The offense must advance the ball. …
- Ball and ballhandler must remain inbounds.
What does F mean in basketball?
1 Center (C) 1 Flex Forward (F) – Both power forward and small forward players qualify. 1 Flex Guard (G) – Both point guard and shooting guard players qualify. 1 Point Guard (PG)
What does 6 up mean in basketball?
6 up means the game score is 6 tied to 6, “6 up high” or “6 up low” is sometimes used to differentiate between 6 – 6 vs 16 – 16.
How many seconds can you hold the ball without dribbling moving passing or shooting?
5 second rule
On an inbound pass, a player may only hold on the ball for a maximum of 5 seconds. In the game, if a player is closely guarded, they must start dribbling, passing the ball or attempting a shot within five seconds.
What does 7 mean in basketball?
If a comment says: “warriors in 7” it means that that persons think the warriors are going to win 4-3, the series goes to 7 games with the warriors winning 4 before the raptors or in real life, since the warriors are down 3-1 in the series they think that the warriors are going to win the next 3 games and come back and …
What is called when you are slapping at someone while they are dribbling the basketball?
What is called when you are slapping at someone while they are dribbling the basketball? travel. foul.