Lunch: two deli sandwiches on whole wheat bread, an apple, and a glass of milk. Snack: two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a glass of milk. Dinner: Steak, potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a roll.
What would an athlete eat for lunch?
Lunch nutrition for athletes
- Main: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter. Side: Greek yogurt and an apple. …
- Main: Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with cheese, mustard or mayo. Side: Cherry tomatoes and pretzels. …
- Main: Tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat bread.
What should teenage basketball players eat?
On a caloric basis, 45-65% carbohydrates (pasta, breads, fruits, cereal), 10-30% protein (meat, nuts, beans), 25-35% fat (oils, butter). Make whole grains, fruits, and vegetables a large part of your diet, because these foods contain more fiber, vitamins, and minerals than fried foods, pastries, chips, and soda.
What do athletes snack on?
What kind of snacks should I eat?
- Apple or banana slices and peanut butter.
- Whole-grain crackers and cheese.
- Carrot and celery sticks with dressing.
- Cottage cheese or yogurt with fresh or canned fruit.
- Energy bars, breakfast bars, or granola bars.
- Crackers and hummus (garbanzo bean dip)
- Trail mix with nuts and dried fruit.
How much water should a basketball player drink?
Players should aim to consume 0.076-0.107oz/lb of fluids 4 hours prior to practice and should be encouraged to consume fluids slowly . Practically, for a 110 lb athlete they should aim to consume 8.4-11.8oz of fluid.
What should I eat after basketball?
After the game, athletes should eat a high-protein meal that contains poultry, meats, fish or legumes. “When you compete, you break down muscle. The protein helps repair it,” Sentongo said.
What should a 15 year old athlete eat?
Young athletes should be eating five or six balanced meals and snacks each day, and should be eating every three hours. Each meal should include a balance of complex carbs, lean protein, healthy fat, fruits and vegetables.
What are good snacks for basketball players?
9 Easy and Portable Pre-Game Snacks for Athletes
- Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches. It’s a simple twist on a modern favorite that will stay fresh in your bag all day long. …
- Homemade Trail Mix. …
- Sports Nutrition Bar. …
- Piece of Fruit with Beef Jerky. …
- Coconut Water and Protein Powder. …
- Sports Drinks. …
- Pretzels. …
- Energy Chews.