The 1980s were the NBA’s golden age.
What was the best era of basketball?
The 1980s were the NBA’s best decade by most measurements. It serves as the league’s apex of popularity (with Bird and Magic turning the sport into a cultural zeitgeist); it’s the most talent-rich era we’ve ever seen, as seven of the top-20 players of all-time (Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Moses, Dr.
What was the best year in the NBA?
The best single regular season record was recorded by the Golden State Warriors in the 2015–16 season. In that season, the Warriors recorded 73 wins and 9 losses with a winning percentage of . 890, eclipsing the 1995–96 Chicago Bulls, though the Bulls went on to win the Eastern Conference and the NBA championship.
What NBA era had the best defense?
Greatest Defensive Teams in NBA History
- 2014-15 Golden State Warriors.
- 1980-81 Phoenix Suns. …
- 1989-90 Detroit Pistons. …
- 2013-14 Indiana Pacers. …
- 1974-75 Washington Bullets. …
- 1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers. …
- 1977-78 Phoenix Suns. …
- 1993-94 New York Knicks. It was no fun to play against the 1994 Knicks. …
Who is the goat of basketball?
Top 10 Basketball GOATs
In one of the closest contests across all the categories, Bill Russell takes the GOAT crown for basketball. The former Celtics centre won five MVPs and eleven championships during his time in Boston, as well as two more rings as a coach.
What is considered the modern era of basketball?
The 1980s are generally regarded as the beginning of the modern era. The league added a three-point line in 1979, instituted its 16-team postseason in 1984 and expanded from 18 teams in the mid-1970s to 27 by 1989.
What are the top powerhouse teams in basketball during 1950s?
So, without further ado, the NBA All-50’s Team:
- Point Guard: Bob Cousy, Boston Celtics.
- Shooting Guard: Bill Sharman, Boston Celtics.
- Small Forward: Paul Arizin, Philadelphia Warriors.
- Power Forward: Dolph Schayes, Syracuse Nationals/Philadelphia 76ers.
- Center: George Mikan, Minneapolis Lakers.
Who has the greatest NBA season ever?
Here’s the Top 5 individual seasons in NBA history according to Bulls Insider Vincent Goodwill.
- 01 Top 5 individual seasons in NBA history. 1 / 7. …
- 02 No. 5 – LeBron James, 2013. …
- 03 No. 4 – Magic Johnson, 1987. …
- 04 No. 3 – Michael Jordan, 1991. …
- 05 No. 2 – Shaquille O’Neal, 2000. …
- 06 No. 1 – Stephen Curry, 2016.
What is the highest per in NBA history?