Each NBA Top Shot is a non-fungible token, or a unique cryptocurrency. Each serial numbered Top Shot can have only one owner. The highlights purchased are added to a users’ secured highlight digital wallet. Dapper Labs owns the secondary marketplace for transactions and gets a cut from all sales.
Can you make money from NBA Top Shot?
The Top Shot market is particularly volatile in response to the performance. So, you can make a quick buck by offloading after or even during a strong performance by a player. Each card has a serial number, and they have proven very important in the value of specific highlights.
How do you buy top shot stock?
You can either buy singular Top Shots on the secondary marketplace or purchase card packs from NBA Top Shots directly. Currently, all card packs are sold out and often sell out extremely quickly after the release. NBA Top Shot has 2 types of card packs: a base set and a Rising Stars pack.
Why is NBA top shot worth money?
NBA Top Shot has kept the prices on packs cheap enough where basically everyone who gets one is guaranteed to profit off it. That may not always be the case, but it’s the case at the moment. That’s one of the biggest differences between buying a pack of physical sports cards and buying a pack on Top Shot.
How much is NBA top shot worth?
23, the combined market cap value of all moments on NBA Top Shot was roughly $1.9 billion—greater than the median value of an NBA franchise, according to Sportico. Dapper Labs, the company that makes Top Shot, recently raised funds at a valuation of $2.6 billion.
Should you open NBA Top Shot packs?
Therefore, keeping them unopened was not practical as releases sell out quickly. The Top Shot website tells us excitedly that this option allows you “to quickly buy packs before they sell out, then savor the opening later. This gives you that flexibility.”
What NBA moments should I buy for Top Shot?
Best Top Shot Moments to Buy
- Paul George – Jump Shot Base Set (Series 1) #/3999.
- Lebron James – 3 Pointer – Base Set (Series 2) #/15,000.
- Vince Carter – 3 Pointer – Base Set (Series 1) #/3336.
- Pascal Siakam- Block – Base Set (Series 1) #/3,999.
- Donte DiVincenzo – Dunk – Metallic Gold LE (Series 1) #/299.
How often do NBA Top Shot packs drop?
NBA Playoff Packs Release 2. Every Moment matters. Especially this time of year. And on Friday, you’ll get a chance to own not one, but two Moments from the 2021 postseason.
How do you become an NBA Top Shot?
1. Be on the NBA Top Shot list. The first thing to do is sign up to be notified when new registrants can register for an account here. Once you have an account, you can log in via the NBA Top Shot website, you can sign up to be notified via email when packs become available to buy.